We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then we would ask you inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure below. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
· Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
· No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
· No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
The Commercial Law Practice Complaints Procedure
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to sort out any mistakes or misunderstandings, and to improve our standards. If you have a complaint, please raise the problem with the lawyer responsible for your matter, or if you prefer, our complaints director, Lee Wilkins.
What will happen next?
1. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within three days of receiving it.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our complaints director reviewing your file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter our complaints director will invite you to a meeting to discuss and resolve your complaint. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, our complaints director may instead offer you a chance to discuss the matter by telephone.
4. Within three days of the meeting, or any telephone conversation we have with you instead of a meeting, our complaints director will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
5. In any case she will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the written acknowledgement of your complaint referred to in paragraph 1 above.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another director to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman.
9. If we have to change any of these timescales we will let you know and explain why.